Time for your spiritual and physical nourishment

Time for your spiritual and physical  nourishment

So often , we are trying to take care of many more responsibilities than our time allows.

Our time requirements may include ourselves, our spouses, children, homes, family obligations, spiritual development, work no wonder we are exhausted!

In my busy life I was fighting so hard to keep my head above the "water" that I often let things slide. Unfortunately I could not let certain things slide spouse, children, meals, work so the area that I did let slide more often than not was myself and my spiritual needs. My bible reading, prayer time, my spiritual refreshment was down to nil.

When We let this area go neglected it strongly impacts all areas of our lives. Our peaceful loving souls become rushed, our temperament becomes  angry by the smallest event, our marriage begins to deteriorate and our children may be pushed away from our loving embrace.

So how can we ensure that we keep our spiritual needs are kept nourished and open?
Is it possible to take care of that area plus our physical needs plus our emotional needs all at the same time?

A simple habit has become my lifeline to these areas and solved my time management problems.

I have changed my midday break. Instead of wolfing down a sandwich while the children are watching TV or during my lunch break at work, I make a place and time for myself.

I take my computer, iphone/android whatever media instrument I have and listen to a recording of a inspirational video or radio show that feeds my knowledge/instructions  on our Father's word or grace. I play that and really listen to this while I am eating my lunch. I make sure I am in the frame of mind for the inspirational info to be received in a relaxing frame of mind.
That is right , I will remove my shoes bring my feets up to my body . I am relaxed, eating and receiving inspiration, information and refueling at one time.

Regardless who I am listening to I will end that break in a uplifted, refreshed loving mood ready to tackle the world. If I am listening to Priscilla Shirer with her inspirational education on the word of God  or enjoying today's message from whichever deliverer of the word  you benefit from, make this a daily habit for yourself, your family , your whole world will benefit from these few minute. Everyone you come in contact with will enjoy your peaceful, loving  input into their lives. You will benefit from this habit even more so since you experience your temperment 24/7.

Will you try this simple change? Who do you suggest we listen to? Who gives you inspiration and spirtual renewal?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Way is my way! Isn't it, God?

Did you see what God just did?